We are looking for a friendly, confident, and organized individual to join our team as Retail Manager for the Lineage retail store located in downtown Harrisonburg, Virginia. This position will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for the Lineage retail store and online store; providing extraordinary customer service, retail inventory management, product buying, merchandising, and organizing store events.
This is a part-time, hourly position starting at 30 hours per week. Interested applicants must be able to work at least two Saturdays per month. Additional hours will be required during peak holiday season, from November through December.
Based in Harrisonburg, Virginia, Lineage is a multi-discipline design studio, small batch manufacturer, and retail store, creating a collection of timeless canvas and leather bags, accessories, and home fragrance. Our retail store features a curated selection of thoughtfully designed products for home and kitchen, apparel, apothecary goods, and unique gifts.
Position: 30 hours per week
Hourly Rate: Starting pay at $12 / hour
Start Date: ASAP
- Provides exemplary customer service, connects with customers, and cultivates a unique shopping experience
- Maintains store inventory, adds new and restocked products to online store and point of sale system
- Becomes an expert on Lineage products and other product lines we carry
- Merchandises products with strong, visual presentation
- Designs and builds seasonal and themed store and window displays
- Manages consignment vendor accounts, including generating monthly sales reports
- Processes and fulfills online orders
- Assists with product buying and researches new product lines to carry
- Assists with marketing efforts including email newsletter, Instagram Stories, and coordinating monthly photoshoots
- Organizes and promotes in-store events and promotions
Qualities & Skills:
- 2+ years of retail experience
- Understanding of Lineage brand, its product line, and appeal to customers
- Strong understanding of trends and style that are reflective of the brand
- Passionate about handmade and locally made products
- Creative, confident problem solver and troubleshooter
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in point of sale apps, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and able to quickly learn new software
Lineage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Please send resume and references to Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2020.